We had a check up with the perinatal specialist yesterday. We are still going once a month for ultrasounds to check their growth. So far, they are staying really close together. They still measure right at 2 weeks ahead. Each one weighs just over 3 pounds. It hit me after the appointment that together they make up an average sized full-term baby already. I'll be honest, it really scared me when I realized they will most likely nearly double in size over the next several weeks. I feel like I am coping well now, but to DOUBLE the amount of child I'm carrying scares the living daylights out of me.
A few other bits and pieces:
- We finally confirmed they are both girls!
- Their names are officially Caroline Reese and Harper Brynn. We'll decide which one is which after they're born. It's hard to say Baby A is this one and Baby B is that one when we aren't sure A will end up being delivered as A and B as B since I'll have a C-section.
- The specialist says they're probably fraternal based on their placentas. (Who knows!) They look a lot like Emerson did in ultrasounds at this stage.
- Justin has been working on their room. It amazes me what he can do! We bought their dresser yesterday and have a few other things ready, which is making it all SO REAL.
- Emerson still has no idea what is coming. I'm not really sure if it can even be made "real" to her at this age, but we're still talking about it as much as possible.
- I don't have any cravings-other than sleep and to not have to go to the bathroom 10,000 times a night.
- They move like crazy! Right now Baby B (the one on top) is in the breech position, and Baby A (the one on bottom) is laying horizontally. Baby A is much, much more active than B, but both move quite a bit.