Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Fantastic 5

Some stuff I love lately: 

01.) Nickel & Suede Earrings

I've seen a lot of teacher-bloggers I follow wearing these earrings. They all talk about how light they are and they come in a ton of fun colors. I've stalked them for awhile, unsure of what color I should get. I finally bit the bullet and bought the watermelon pink. They are the pair of the month for April and I thought they would be great for spring and summer. Um...I may be slightly obsessed with them now. They really are the lightest earrings ever! They are super cute and (best of all, in my crazy opinion) they have that great leather smell. I now want a pair in every color. :-) I'm justifying that by saying they are WAY cheaper than the Kendra Scott earrings that are all the rage. Just FYI, I got mine in the small and they are perfect for me! I think the website says the smalls run about 2 inches long.

02.) Nobody's Cuter Than You

 
I've discussed my love of Melanie and her books before, but this one tops them all. I literally laughed and teared up through this whole book. Plus it was so funny to me for her to talk about her childhood in Beaumont because I could picture the exact places she talks about. It's just a really sweet, simple read. It is endearing and funny and will just make you happy. (Who couldn't use a little happy?) She has also written Sparkly Green Earrings and The Antelope in the Living Room. I love both of them too!

03.) The Husband's Secret

Man, I look like I've been reading a lot lately. Too bad it's only about a page per night before my eyes have to be propped open! I saw this author's name on a lot of must-read lists. This one was cheapest on Amazon so I thought I'd try it out. I have to say, I have no idea what the husband's secret is yet, but I am hooked. It's another simple read, but the way it flows through the characters' stories keeps you entertained. I'm interested to finish it and find out what this husband did. Has anyone read any of her other books??

04.) Nesting

The nesting bug has hit me the last few days. Maybe it's all of the silent "active monitoring" I've been doing with testing lately, but my brain is in overdrive wanting to completely reorganize and revamp our house. I hate that the nesting phase comes when you don't have much energy by the end of the day, but maybe I'll manage to get some stuff done. It's phases of life like this that Pinterest was made for! 



05.) Hobby Lobby Headbands

I couldn't find a good picture for these, but did you know that Hobby Lobby sells the super cute jersey headbands?!? They're less than half of what you would pay on Etsy, and they are C-U-T-E. I scored several really cute sets for the twins this past weekend, but I am really hoping to find even more. I like these because I don't think they'll be as tight as other headbands on babies tend to be, and they are really, really adorable. I am hoping once she sees them on the twins even Emerson will give headbands a try. Check them out if you have girls!

Anything else great out there lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment