Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Soul Detox {Round 2}

I've been in kind of a rut in the Bible study department. I've used my Jesus Calling devotional for awhile, but I needed something different.

I remembered doing the Soul Detox plan forever ago when She Reads Truth first got started. I was home alone a lot right before Emerson was born, and just happened to read the blogs of the girls who got the whole thing started. The very first plan they did together was Soul Detox, and I jumped on board. The only way we had to share ideas with each other then was through the hashtag on Instagram. Now they're a full-blown website/app/ministry and I have a 2 1/2 year old! I even went back and read some of my old blog posts about when I was doing the plan. It's so funny because it was literally the days right before and right after Emerson was born.

The other day I was thinking about how much I loved that plan so I decided to start it again. Y'all, I am loving even more this time around! I am only about a week in, but it has been a great refresher to sit down and really think about the thought patterns in my life. Are they good or are they toxic? Am I focusing on things and people around me or on Jesus? Am I believing truth or lies? It's really good stuff. It's been great to have to ask myself these questions and honestly consider the answers.

If you want to find it for yourself, be sure you have the You Version Bible App. It looks like this:

Open up the menu (the 3 lines in the top left corner) and choose "plans." Then choose "Browse plans." Search for "Soul Detox" and get started.

Some things I really like about it are the fact that each day's reading is short and simple. It gives you a great question to journal about or think about. Plus, it's always on your phone. There's no need to lug around books or even your Bible since you have the scripture you need right there. We all need a good detox now and then. Now's a good time for a fresh start. :)


Let me know if you start it!

(In the interest of being totally myself, when I typed the sentence, "Now's a good time for a fresh start." I accidentally typed "shart" instead of "start" and now I can't regain my composure. Well, shart or start, we all have them now and then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment