Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fantastic 5: Let's Get Happy Edition

Let's talk about some happy stuff I'm loving right now!

01.) Home is Where My People Are

I love Sophie's blog, but her books are even greater! This is her newest book (read A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet if you haven't already). I am having to pace myself to not just rush through it. She is hilarious..like, I am actually laughing to myself out loud over things she says. More than that though, I can relate to her in so many ways. She is/was a teacher. She didn't get married or have kids super young. She grew up in a small town in the South. In this book, she talks a lot about some confusion and doubts she had about her faith in college. I can relate to every, single story. I can't recommend this book enough. It makes you feel like you're talking to your best friend, and isn't that what good books should be like?

02.) Emily Ley

I randomly found Emily Ley on Instagram. I think someone I follow liked her picture or something. Anyway, she has a 3-year-old and newborn twins. I immediately felt like I needed to see how she's going to do this so I can get some pointers. Come to find out, she makes completely adorable planners!! One day, when I have a surplus of expendable income, I will have one of her simplified planners. I love them!

I feel completely unorganized lately so I started checking out her blog for tips and tricks. I found her library of free printables, and I am HOOKED! Not only does she have a printable page for everything you can imagine, but she has adorable monogrammed wallpapers too. You can find her freebies HERE.

03.) Serial Podcast




I don't care if I was late to the party on this one or not...IT WAS GOOD. I'm sure you've heard of it by now, but if you haven't...It's a 12-week podcast series based on a murder that happened in 1999. It's a reexamination of the case to see if the convicted killer (the teenage boyfriend of the victim) really did it or not. It's not the most action-packed story, but it really does make you think!

04.) Fiddlestix Paperie from Hobby Lobby

I switched up my decor at work now that I am in an "office" and not a classroom full time. I found the cutest designs by Fiddlestix Paperie at Hobby Lobby. I have file folders and notepads that all have the same multi-patterned chevron and burlap color. They're quality supplies, and they have tons of cute designs!

05.) Illuminate Ministries
I've written about my experience on Pursued before. (HERE) It's now moved into an independent ministry along with the Z-Experience and several other things that I would highly recommend. If you've been considering going, now is your time! I'm sure you can come up with a million reasons why you just can't go. Trust me, we've all made those same excuses. You won't be sorry if you if you get rid of those excuses and go. It's 3 days of you and Jesus like you've never had before. You owe it to yourself and your people to do this.

Happy Tuesday, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment