Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

14 weeks

I want to be mindful of writing down a few things as I am pregnant with these two little peanuts.

So at 14 weeks:

1.) Pregnancy Brain is in full effect. Twice this past week I have used shampoo to wash my face in the shower, knowing full well it wasn't my face soap as I did it. What's even worse is that I caught myself about to do it again this morning. I can't remember a thing! I've taken to writing everything down right when someone tells me so I hopefully don't forget.

2.) I have felt a few movements, especially from whichever one is on the left. Last week, I was standing outside during car duty, and the little one on the right did a somersault. Later that night, I was lying down in bed and felt the one on the left move. It moved a few more times the next day. I'm not sure if it's just because I recognize what that feeling is now or if it's because there are two of them, but I don't remember feeling Emerson this early on. 

3.) I won't be giving up the anti-nausea meds any time soon. Thursday night, it completely slipped my mind to take them, and I felt fine all day Friday. I decided to not take them that night and see how I felt on Saturday. I really do hate taking any kind of medicine while I'm pregnant because you just never know. After HOURS of being queasy on Saturday I realized I will take those suckers as long as I can!  One of my very sweet, very thoughtful friends brought me this to try to help:

There are no words. It's sweet. It's spicy??? It tastes like perfume. It's weird! I so, so, so appreciate her thoughtfulness though!

4.) Speaking of thoughtful, check out what my secret pal at work got me:

That's what I'm talking about! I came back from lunch and had this sitting on my desk. BEST. GIFT. EVER.

5.) It looks like we may find out the genders next week!! I tentatively have an appointment next Wednesday at an ultrasound boutique place. I'm a little bit nervous about it, but a whole lot excited. Maybe this is the kick in the pants we need to get going on their room and stuff.

We shall see.

Holy moley. We're having TWINS.

No comments:

Post a Comment