Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hey there, Cowgirl!

Man, I am really stinking it up with the whole blogging thing! I haven't kept up with much of anything, but oh well. :) I do want to say thank you to all of you who prayed for me and encouraged me after my last post. Your prayers were definitely felt!

I feel so much better about my job now!!!! It's nice to be able to say that. I still struggle with finding my place some days, but now we have some things up and running that keep me pretty busy. I am doing a lot more technology-based stuff right now, and it's a lot of fun. Stretching and growing is never without its pains, but I wanted you to know that I really and truly appreciate your encouragement!

We've been busy around our house. Justin's had to work late a lot of nights. It seems like I have been going a million different directions too, but that's just life now I guess. We're trying to make sure we take days to breathe and enjoy Emerson each other where we are.

For Halloween, she was Jesse from Toy Story. We are currently Toy Story OBSESSED at our house. She is constantly calling for "cowboys" and yelling, "Yeehaw!" for no apparent reason. 

She l-o-v-e-s this costume! Even after wearing it for days she still asked for it last night. I guess if you see a kid in a worn out Jesse costume in December, you'll know it's just us. :)
 

This is the first year in who knows how long I've actually dressed up for Halloween too. My school had Storybook Character Day. My principal (who is just AWESOME about doing crazy stuff for the kids) dressed up as Cruella DeVille, and we were her dalmatians. The kids got a kick out of it...especially my face paint with the tongue hanging out! 



Other than that, life has been somewhat quiet. We've been all over the place, but we've also had some really great quiet time at home together. Saturday, when the cold weather finally hit, we didn't do much more than a grocery store trip and family movie night. It was perfection!

Em is in such an awesome phase right now. She loves to laugh and to make people laugh. She actually catches on to emotions in movies and books, and loves to make a big deal about it. She loves to jump out at you and try to scare you. Right now, she is all about the "fwends" and her daddy. It is SO MUCH FUN. She wants you to play with her (even though she rarely let's you actually do anything). She loves to cuddle and give kisses. It's just good stuff. It's also really hard...I mean, we are in the two's, but I am reminded constantly lately of how blessed we are to have her. A lot of people never get to experience these things, and I never, ever want to take that for granted. I have to remind myself of that sometimes, but this is all worth it.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment