Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Big Summer Catch-Up

Well, now that I only have two weeks of summer left, I thought it might be time to do a catch-up. This was a summer of best intentions that never really went anywhere. I had great plans to do this and that, but it seems like the days just flew by!

I have so loved being off with this little girl! Don't get me wrong, we have had our rough days, but she is learning and growing so much right now. I feel like every second is so precious. 


She's really into doing everything you do...hence the hat. I had on a hat and she just had to have one too. She's really into mimicking everything you do, which can be both good and bad. 

We started our summer with 2 weeks of swimming lessons. She loves the water, and she liked the lessons ok. There was a little boy who screamed constantly she always ended up next to, and it really stressed her out. She mastered going to the bottom for dive rings, kicking, and a few other skills. We will definitely do it again next summer. 


Most Thursdays this summer we have had playdates with our new friends. They have a son who is 3 and a daughter who is about 3 1/2 months younger than Emerson. She has a total blast with them any time we get together. This day she was a Buzz Lightyear Fireman hankering for some peanut butter crackers!


Her personality is definitely out in full force. On the 4th of July she was ready for a People of Walmart post all her own! She cracks us up daily!!


We also hit up the local watermark for a few hours with our friends. I have never seen a more fearless kid! I was so proud of how she just went for it all on her own. Those swimming lessons paid off!


Two weeks ago, I went to a women's retreat (that's not the right word, but I really don't know what you would call it) with two great friends. To put it simply, it was life changing...mind changing...heart changing...family changing...and freeing. There will be more to come about this later on. :)


This week we've been helping out with VBS at church. This kid has loved playing with her buddies in the nursery, and I have really enjoyed getting to know some of the ladies in the church a bit better. We are so grateful for where God has led us! 


All in all, our summer has been simple but fun. We haven't had a lot of family time with just the 3 of us, but Justin is taking a few days next week so we can have that before I start back. Now if we can all get over stomach bugs and allergies we'll be good to go!

I'm going to try to be more consistent with blogging. I think I fell into the trap of feeling like I needed something trendy and cool (I do need to update that picture of Em in my header!), and I lost the focus of what I want this spot to be--a record of our life, for us and us alone. God is laying it on my heart to get back to documenting our life, especially as Emerson grows, and sharing what He is doing with us rather than worrying about keeping up with anyone else. I am not writing to please anyone else...this is just for us. However, if you do read I am grateful to have you, and you can help keep me accountable on this. 

So, here's to more AUTHENTIC bloggin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment