Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Days

I'm not sure what it is about the month of May that seems to make it so busy and honestly, quite hectic. I feel like I'm in the midst of this month that seems to keep getting busier and busier.

We're close but not THAT close to the end of the school year. We're in that tough phase where everyone is starting to become summer-minded, but we still have a month of school to go. It doesn't help that due to renovations on our campus, we're having to box up everything in our rooms and our technology components are already gone. We're having some old school school over here.

I'm also trying to get Emerson's birthday party planned for the end of the month. I am struggling between what I would love to do for her and what I can actually do for her without losing my sanity.

In all of that though...when the weekends seem like they literally fly by in 30 seconds...God has graciously given me moments to just stop and see Him.

Saturday, this precious little bug slept until after 10am! She was so peaceful, and I am grateful for that.
 
 
Sunday, we spent doing church-things and hanging out with some new friends afterward. It was such a much-needed great time.
 
Yesterday, I went to a training at the Shangri La Gardens. I've been part of a collaborative of math teachers this year. We've had to keep up with over 120 hours of training, mentoring, testing, etc. This was kind of a reward workshop for us to finish up our last hours. It was absolutely exhausting and relaxing all that the same time. We walked and explored from 9:00 until 3:00, but you were surrounded by such gorgeous scenery, you hardly noticed that you never stopped. 


 
I cannot for the life of me figure out how people can believe that all of this beauty and organization is the result of sheer accident. If you spend any time at all in nature, how can you not see the Creator's hand prints all over it? It's crazy to me.
 
So, in the midst of all of the May-crazies, I am thankful for little reminders of Him. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment