Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

A Working Weekend

It's hard to believe another weekend has come and gone! I swear time is speeding up.

Friday night we went to the ballpark to watch my niece play softball. She's eight now, and softball is apparently her life right now.

 
 
Emerson was really into the whole cheering and clapping thing for about a good ten minutes, and then we had to go run around on the empty field next door. Can we also discuss how stinkin' GROWN UP this kid looks? I am telling you, time is FLYING and it's so not fair.
 
 
Saturday, we did some cutthroat cleaning. Our house is tiny to begin with, but we needed to just get rid of some junk. Justin got on the tractor outside and I went on purge-patrol on the inside. I cleaned out, organized, and deep cleaned pretty much every room in our house. By Saturday night we were both exhausted.

 
 
So, it really did not help matters when Emerson decided to throw up all over me (3 times!!) and fight sleep until midnight (MIDNIGHT!!!!!!) that night. We were absolutely dead by the time it was over.
 
Sunday, we skipped Sunday school, but made it to church and a grocery run. It ended up being 4:00 by the time we got home, and I still had so much to do. BUT I managed to get salads, fruit, and eggs made for breakfasts and lunches this week, as well as a lasagna, salad, and strawberry pie for our first IF:Table this evening. It was a really long day.

 
 
As much as I could say about how exhausting it all was, it was a simple good time too. Emerson is all kissy and snuggly right now, and I want to eat up every second of that. It makes me really thankful I will have a long weekend with her coming up.
 
And it's only 8 weeks until summer, but who's counting?
 
 
Me! That's who! 

No comments:

Post a Comment