Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Days the Texas Way

I'm not quite sure what's going on with this whole "global warming" thing, but I do know that we have had two snow/ice days in the past week. That's pretty rare for southeast Texas...or Texas in general. It all seemed fun in theory, but considering I had only been in my classroom 3 times in the past two weeks, I was feeling a little more than anxious about getting even further behind. I did not, however, mind getting to stay around a warm house in sweats with a pretty cute little companion.

Friday we got legit snow. Huge flakes were falling, and it was beautiful out.

 
After Emerson slept until 9:00 (!!!) we got out to play some. I may have over-bundled her. :)




 
 
It was fun for about 15 minutes, until she fell face first in it. Then she jumped up declaring it, "Cold! Cold!" and headed for the door. We tried again after naptime that afternoon, and she seemed to like it a little more. She really liked it when I let her eat some (clean) snow. Give this girl a good shaved ice and she's happy as can be. 

 
I will also say that trying to keep mittens on an almost-two-year-old is also quite a feat.
 
Yesterday we were out again due to winter weather, but it was pretty much just ice. No beautiful white snow this time. I'm grateful we were out though. Justin was not off, and slid across the highway 3 different times. Praise the Lord he was safe and sound.
 
I don't mind the cold, but I'm pretty sure if that groundhog predicts more winter it may become open season on him and his shadow. Bring on the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment