Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Keepin' It Real

Jeeze Louise have we had a time lately.

Weekend before last, I lost my voice and just felt pretty crummy. By Monday I had enough and actually scheduled a doctor's appointment, which I haven't done (other than baby or thyroid-related appointments) in FOUR years. The doctor's office couldn't even find my information it had been so long. It turns out I had strep and a sinus infection. That put me at home for 2 days with Emerson because we couldn't send her to my sister's and have her around my niece who had a bone marrow biopsy coming up, and my in-laws were out of town. That lead to us being in the pediatrician's office late Wednesday afternoon with a sickly Emerson, who as it turns out, also had strep.

That has lead to a lot of whiny/not feeling good/medicine fighting times in our house, which-let me tell you-does not bring out the Christmas joy. We have literally tried everything to get Emerson to take her medicine and keep it down. We've tried to hide it in drinks and food. We have danced and cheered and sang to get her to laugh and take it. And we've resorted to the "You're just going to have to look like the girl out of The Exorcist because we're holding you down to take this dadgum medicine" tactic.

Y'all. This junk is hard. I know the whole "moms don't get a sick day" thing, but this was so much more than I expected. Even with Justin's help (and he is seriously a HUGE help) I thought I was going to lose it. I may or may not have cried all the way home from the doctor because I just felt like I needed a break, and I knew I wasn't going to get one. Me being really, really sick on top of a kid who is really really sick, on top of it being so frigid outside you just want to curl up under a blanket = not so much fun.

However, we spent most of our weekend just like this...

 
 
and that was perfectly fine with me. We went from pjs to pjs and movie to movie. It was SO nice to get some rest.
 
 
We also learned that baby snuggles and one more Bubble Guppies can cure the medicine taking woes.

 
 
Now we are back at it for another week and a half before Christmas break starts. I for one, cannot wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment