Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Teeth, rashes, and monograms, Oh My!

It's really hard to believe it's Monday. You would think with getting zero sleep our weekend would have seemed long, but it really flew by.

Emerson is in the midst of getting about 4 new teeth and battling a pretty nasty rash, so we've spent most nights with a screaming baby. Very restful as you can imagine. Saturday night was the worst night we've had in awhile. We were working on about 3 1/2 hours of sleep Sunday with a super-whiny kid so we had church at home. It was actually really nice to just sit on the couch with Justin and hear his heart. However, being stuck at home for so long with constant cries lead to a bad case of the grumps for all of us.

We ended up going for a long afternoon walk, which pretty much cured us. It's amazing how fresh air and a few endorphins can do that.
I have no idea why this picture won't rotate.





No matter how grumpy we get though, I feel incredibly blessed to have these two. I know a lot of friends and family going through divorce right now or have been through it. My heart really does break for them. We all want that fairy tale life, but the truth is that it doesn't exist. Marriage is hard. Parenting is hard. It takes work from everyone involved, but mostly it takes God being the center. The tie that binds...the reason you are together has to be Him. I fully believe that the only reason Justin and I are able to love each other is because God first loved the both of us. Without that, we would have nothing.
 
 
All of that doesn't mean that I don't have failures as a wife though. Saturday, we broke through our doldrums to make a trip for TexMex and a Walmart run. (High living, I tell you) I wore my cute little monogrammed t-shirt, only to have my sweet husband ask me what the letters stood for. I'm sure that ranks up there with not knowing how to make green bean casserole on the list of southern wife failures. Maybe it just means that I should have more things monogrammed. That I could live with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment