Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding

This past weekend was a pretty special one. I got to watch my very best friend marry a terrific guy.

Kelly and I have known each other since the summer of 2000. We met in our family group at Super Summer (a Christian leadership camp), then discovered we lived 3 doors down from each other in our freshman dorm. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could not imagine the last 13 1/2 years of my life without this girl. She has been there through it all.

I've said it before, but I think God puts 3 kinds of friends in our lives. Friends who go through things before we do, and lead the way for us. Friends who come behind us, who we are charged with leading. Friends who walk through life side-by-side with us. Kelly has walked through a lot right along side me. She has been my rock, my tough love (when I need it), my sounding board, my encourager. She is the very definition of "best friend."


To see her with Nick--a guy whose love for her is SO evident--is the greatest thing. He loves her deeply, and it shows. He is so thoughtful and kind-hearted. He is exactly what she needs. God provided a perfect match for them both. That made this weekend a THOUSAND times more special...they are true evidence to God's faithfulness and goodness.

 
 
The wedding was BEAUTIFUL and perfectly Kelly and Nick. She thought out every detail so perfectly.



 
 
I am also really glad that Justin has such a great guy to be drug around with hang out with while Kelly and I catch up. Nick is a great addition to the crew. 

 
What's even better is that Nick is the cousin to our great friends, Jenni and Kaleb (the matchmaker), which means now they are stuck with us forever! 

 
Times like these make you realize what greatness we are surrounded with. We are so loved and provided for. Aren't you thankful that God loves us enough to give us these things called "friends"?? They make life pretty great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment