Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

33x33

I turned 32 yesterday. I'm not sure if you read that with a sad voice or not, but it really wasn't a sad thing. It turns out, I am really a fan of my 30's. I feel like I worry a lot less about what other people think of me, and I don't stress out as much as I did in my 20's. Don't get me wrong...I still have those same insecurities, fears, etc, but I don't feel like I let them bind me as much as I did in my 20's.

Last year I came up with my 32 by 32 list. Those were things I hoped to do and/or accomplish by the time I turned 32. Um...yeah...about that...

Not much got done. :) The year was by no means a failure though. I feel like I had a pretty great year, and we experienced a lot of really great things as a family. We didn't have any major tragedies or heartbreaks. God continued to show us his generosity and favor.

Even though I didn't do much on the list, I really enjoyed having it to look at during moments of inspiration-needing. It was a good reminder that there was always something to do.

Therefore, I decided to update it to be 33x33. Some of the things are from the old list that I never accomplished. Some are new. Some are repeats that we did and really enjoyed. Here's hoping that 32 is just as great as 31.

During my 33rd year of life, these are the things I want to accomplish:

*Strikethroughs indicate it's been completed.*


  1. Take Emerson to the beach
  2. Take Emerson to the zoo
  3. Take Emerson to the aquarium
  4. Run/Jog/Walk/Survive a 5k
  5. Sew Em a dress
  6. Make homemade pasta
  7. Do 1 random act of kindness a month (2/12 completed)
  8. Take a sewing class
  9. Paint my kitchen a new color
  10. Have a family picnic at the park
  11. Send cards to 6 different people for no reason (1/6 completed)
  12. Go to a flea market
  13. Plant a garden
  14. Go to the farmer's market
  15. Watch all of the Star Wars movies
  16. Go camping
  17. Go to a play or concert
  18. Take 1 picture every day for the year & document weekly on the blog
  19. Read Lord of the Rings
  20. Learn blog design
  21. Read 6 new books (0/6 completed)
  22. Go to Canton or Winnie Trade Days
  23. Complete 4 projects from my Pinterest boards (0/4 complete)
  24. Get our wedding video transferred to DVD
  25. Blog at least once a week
  26. Have family pictures taken
  27. Print wedding pictures/create books for parents
  28. Learn to French braid
  29. Bake bread
  30. Throw a party
  31. Take Emerson swimming/to the water park
  32. Start a new tradition
  33. Start something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment