Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Year or so later...

Emerson had her one-year well visit yesterday so I want to record some things for my own memory. You may or may not be interested in it at all. :)

At 1 year old she:

  • is walking, sometimes trotting pretty fast, rarely crawls anymore
  • says momma, bye-bye, baby, and dada (her favorite) 
  • is stringing nonsense words together and will repeat herself if you ask her to
  • waves
  • high-fives
  • claps for anything and everything
  • tries to snap her fingers
  • loves green beans, cuties, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, mac and cheese, and tortillas
  • sometimes sleeps through the night...teeth are keeping us up
  • has 7 full teeth and is cutting her molars :(
  • weighs 24 lbs 8 oz (90th percentile) and is 32 inches long (99th percentile)
  • drinks formula, sometimes milk, and water
  • loves to dance and will shake her booty any chance she gets
  • loves to "read" her books
  • is leery of all animals...including stuffed ones
  • warms up to strangers quickly 
  • knows how to turn on my phone and scroll through the pictures
  • loves to watch the Bubble Guppies and football...she isn't very interested in TV otherwise
  • loves to swim
  • hates to get her hair washed
  • has been to 2 weddings, Ft. Worth, Beaumont numerous times, and Houston
  • goes by Emerson, Em, Emmy Kate, Em Kat, Katiebug, Boo-boo, Bambino, and any other silly name
  • is genuinely happy
I'm sure that's not everything she does, but it's what I can think of right now. It's amazing to me that a year has already passed. It has been tough at times, for sure, but overall we both feel SO incredibly blessed that God gave us this girl. I know I've said it a thousand times before, but I am so grateful that God allowed me to go through a miscarriage and not getting pregnant right off the bat. I truly think He used that to change me into someone who appreciates the small things much more than I would have had we not gone through those rough times. 

Emerson makes life brighter. She makes me want to make more of my life, and strive for better things. She is exactly who we needed exactly when we needed her. Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow...especially precious little girls like our Em. 

No comments:

Post a Comment