Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Why You Should Never Trust The Pinterest

Like everyone else in America, my teacher friends and I are Pinterest-addicts. Every lunch conversation involves the phrase, "I saw on Pinterest where...". Just the other day we talked about how there certainly have to be people out there putting the most random ideas they can think of on Pinterest just to see if people will try them. I mean, surely if Pinterest tells you to hop on one leg and spin around 3 times to lose weight, some people would be crazy enough to try it.

Because of that conversation, I've become more skeptical of things I see on there. For example, I saw that someone I know pinned this...



I mean, that's great right? Inspiring? Uplifting? Sure! That is a great verse to share with a friend or dare I say, get a tattoo of. Until you look up Joel 2.25 in an actual Bible and it says...

"Then I will make up to you for all the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The creeping locust, the stripping locust, and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you." 
-The actual Joel 2:25 

Now, granted, that is the NASB translation, but I looked up KJV and NIV and both of them are about herds of swarming, gnawing locust. 

Don't always believe what you see on Pinterest :)

1 comment:

  1. Ain't that the truth. I sometimes feel that way when I read the message Bible. I wouldn't be surprised if I read a recipe for fudge brownies in the book of Luke in that bible. LOLOL.

    ReplyDelete