Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekending

We had a good weekend, with the exception of a visitation we would have rather not had. Saturday morning, I opened the door to leave and found a snake sitting on our front porch. I told Justin, and he went to get his gun and shoot it. I'm not exactly sure what happened after that because I slammed the door and starting trying to not hyperventilate, but a few seconds later I heard Justin yell something that isn't blog appropriate. It turns out that the snake actually bit him on the leg! He's okay, but the snake got away. I'm now plotting how to find a snake-free zone to move to. In the very least I'm getting a cat and stock in mothballs!

After that hoopla, Emerson and I left to go to Beaumont for some errands. I was a little apprehensive about taking her to run errands by myself because she is SO active right now, but she did great. I got her measured properly for a new set of shoes, and ended up coming home with a pair I'm actually jealous of! They were more than I would spend (luckily my mom got them for her), but she needs good ones to walk in. We had lunch at Chick-fil-a, returned some stuff at one store, walked around the new teacher store, and got to visit with Kelly for a bit. It was a really great day! I can't believe what a little girl she is becoming!


Nuggets & Fruit = happy girl



Em's newest kicks.

Sunday was Emerson's future husband best buddy's 1st birthday! We tried to send him some birthday love, but she wasn't having it. This was about the best we got. Now that Owen's one, it makes it real that we're about to be celebrating her first birthday! Eeek!


She looked like such a little girl Sunday. Justin's mom got her this dress. It isn't something I think I would have picked out, but I love it on her! Gran did great!


All of a sudden this kid knows how to climb too! She crawled onto our bed twice and once into my lap while I was sitting on the couch. I can't believe that! It seems way to early to start that. 

We finished up the weekend by Justin making steaks (which were awesome, per usual) and me working on some school stuff. I got the get-organized-and-creative bug last week. I've cleaned out every closet and drawer in my classroom, and I'm working on getting things going for next year. I think I've caught my second wind for this year, and I'm excited it has nothing to do with standardized tests!

Gallon Girl sporting her spring colors

Hope you all had a great weekend (minus the snake) as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment