Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The results are in...

I got the call yesterday about 4:00 that the nodule on my thyroid is...

BENIGN! 

I would have reached through the phone and hugged that nurse if I could. Instead I sat in my car and tried not to cry! I know that this was totally and completely God's doing. Even as I sat there trying to comprehend what she was saying about check-ups and all of that, God brought to mind the fact that so many faithful people were praying on my behalf. The image of my prayer group at school on Monday popped in my head, and I was so overwhelmingly grateful for such wonderful warriors who asked for healing. And it wasn't just that prayer group...it was all of you. God heard you and He answered. THANK YOU. 

But you know what...even if the results had come back differently, He would still be God. He would still be living and active and faithful through it all. He tells us in his Word that He will never leave us or forsake us. His plans are to prosper us, not to harm us. Sometimes we prosper more after going through tough times. He allows these things so that we may come out the other side looking more like him...depending on HIM. If life has taught me anything, it's that I don't have much control when it comes to the big things. Let it go, and let God do what He needs to do to make you into the son or daughter He has planned  you to be. Count it all joy. Count it all blessings. He is working it together for our good. 

Love you all! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to hear it! Emily and I have been praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear it! Emily and I have been praying!

    ReplyDelete