Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Say a little prayer for me...

I couldn't decide if I would blog about this or not, but here goes...

Back in February, I had my regular check up with my OB. I told her that although I had been working out 45 minutes to an hour 4 to 5 days a week, and even though I was being consistent with my diet, I was not losing any weight. {story of my life} She suggested, instead of chalking it up to PCOS, we check my thyroid levels.

I went back 2 weeks later for some blood work to test my levels, which came back abnormal. She referred me to an endocrinologist for more testing. That appointment happened this past Monday.

I went in, and was told that my results show that I have hypothyroidism. Basically, a bum thyroid. It doesn't produce enough hormone to do what my body needs it to do. I pretty much match every, single symptom of it...including PCOS. No big deal. It means taking a tiny pill once a day for pretty much the rest of your life, but that will give me back my energy, stop my hair from falling out in chunks, and help my working out pay off, it's worth it. That day they also did an ultrasound of my thyroid and some blood work just to cover the bases.

I left feeling totally finished. We knew what it is, how to treat it, the end.

Well...yesterday, I got a phone call saying it was "important they discuss my ultrasound results with me as soon as possible." Well, heck. That didn't sound good. It turns out I have a nodule that is "worrisome" to the doctor. I go in Tuesday morning for a biopsy to see if it is cancerous or not. There is a very, very big chance it is not. Even if it is, thyroid cancer is one of the most curable cancers there is. It usually stays contained, and can be easily removed with no chemo or anything like that.

God has been gracious enough to place me in a school with THREE different women who have walked this road. Two of them ended up having cancer, and one did not. God has just opened one door after another for me to talk with them, to find out what the biopsy experience might be like, and to see that this is not anything to stress out about.

I'm okay. Of course that word, "cancer," scares the tar out of me, but life could be so much worse. There are a million things worse than that. Honestly, I want more than anything for that test to be negative. Not because I think this is life or death, but simply because I do not want to put myself or my family through the stress emotionally, physically, and financially. BUT I also know that whatever comes my way, God will use this for HIS GLORY. Walking through a miscarriage and trouble getting (and staying) pregnant has taught me one thing...God puts those things in your life so that you can hold the hand of those that come behind you. He has put so many women in my life since then who are on that same path. He has allowed me to talk about how good He is, and how much He provided for me, so that they may see the same in their own lives and PRAISE HIM for it. I know that He will do the same with this.

I am CONFIDENT in my God.

I would please ask that you say a little prayer for us on Tuesday, that's when my biopsy is. Pray for my anxiety level to be low. I should know the results by Thursday or Friday. Pray that the biopsy is cancer free. And pray that God will use this for his own glory. That whatever comes would build his kingdom.




2 comments: