Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Maroon & White

So, I really love football...like, probably not a normal amount for a girl, but that's okay. Justin says it's how he knew I was "the one" for him. When we were first dating, I told him I couldn't talk to him on the phone one Saturday because A&M was in the middle of a pretty intense game. It's a good thing he thought that was endearing and not rude. :)

I love all levels of football-high school, college, professional. College is by far my favorite though. I was taught an appreciation of it from an early age. My dad's mom always loved football too. She could talk players, coaches, and strategies with the best of them. I like to think I learned it from her.

It's never been a question of who to root for in our family. My dad's entire side is full of Aggies. My dad was in fact an Aggie, even part of the Corp. He made the switch to Southwest Texas (now Texas State) after a few too many parties and few too little passing grades. A&M was one of the best times of his life though, and that love for the university and its traditions was passed on.

I applied to A&M my senior year of high school. I was accepted, and my mind was made up until God totally changed my plans. After I battled Him for a good while on it, I eventually accepted the fact that ETBU was where I was meant to be. I had a rough first semester there, and applied to A&M again. I was accepted...again...and God got involved...again. Long story short, it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. I've made friends and memories I never would have at A&M, but there has always been, and will always be a little smidge of regret that I didn't go there. Oh well...life goes on. :)

All that to say, Saturday was the Ag's spring football game. It rounds out their spring training, and they got so much hype last year ESPN even went to cover it. I got my side of the family on board, and we loaded up and made the 3 hour trip to College Station. It was a gorgeous spring day, and I've got the sunburn to prove it. It was a day I think we'll all look back on as being a great memory.

I'll be quiet and let the pictures do some talking...
Emerson at Kyle Field

My nieces and Em (and Rev too)

My dad with the 3 granddaughters
I think he was in heaven!

Our family of 3

It may not look like much, but #2 there, Johnny Manziel (aka Johnny Football)
is the reigning Heisman trophy winner. It was so awesome to see him do his thing
in person. He looks fast on TV, but those feet are QUICK in person. 

She slept through the whole 1st quarter. For the record, she was not sunburned. I know it
looks that way. She just gets red-faced like her momma when she's hot. 

Priceless.

Overall, it was a fantastic day! Unfortunately, we woke up early Sunday morning with news that Justin's parents had been in a really bad wreck the night before. They're ok, but their truck was completely totaled. Please pray for them as they recover and get things back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment