Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

40 in February

So, I mentioned in my last post that I've been working out quite a bit. I'm lucky that my school has a workout room for teachers, so I've been hitting the treadmill and bike every day. I've really enjoyed it and have come to need that time in my day. Shocking, I know. Trust me, I've been wondering who in the world I have become. It's been a great outlet for me, and a chance for me to recharge before I go home to Justin and Em. It seems to make me less grouchy and have more energy, so I'd say it's pretty needed in my life. It's also part of that "Get things done" mentality I'm working on in 2013.

I know myself better than to focus on a number as far as weight goes. That has never worked out for me in the past, so I'm sticking with working out and making better food choices. So far, I've noticed small changes in my clothes, nothing major. {I need to get my weekend food habits in check.} It's enough to spur me on though and got me thinking that I need a new goal. That's where this comes in... 


I'm issuing myself {and anyone who wants to join me} the challenge of completing 40 miles in February. That works out to roughly 1.5 miles a day, which is totally doable. It can be biking/walking/wogging/whatever as long as I complete 40 miles{and hopefully more} by the time February 28th rolls around. At the very least, this gives me a goal to hit instead of playing the, "Let's See What Happens" game, which usually turns into the "Nothing has changed" game. Why 40 you ask? Fifty seemed presumptuous and 30 in February wasn't quite as catchy. I figure a mile and a half is also a reasonable distance for most days. I plan on smashing those 40 miles.

So, you interested? Anyone what to join in the challenge? I'm going to document each mile I log on my Twitter {@ lewilliams81} so feel free to follow along and keep me accountable. You don't even have to do 40 miles. Maybe 40 minutes a week is all you've got. Let's just do this! February 1st is Friday, so make a plan, grab your shoes, and c'mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment