Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Looking on the Bright Side

We thought we were past the stomach bug. We spent literally the whole day yesterday de-germing every surface and fabric in our house. Emerson was keeping her food down, and things were looking up. Then, it struck again about 8:00. Just when we were winding down, getting ready for the week, it started all over again. I won't lie, I came pretty close to crying. It's just so hard when they are sick!!! You never know when to expect it or what is really going on since she isn't old enough to talk  yet. It's just not fun. At all.

So, today has been spent at home. Our usual baby-sitters were out of commission today, so I took off {again}, which is a fantastic way to make a great impression on your new employer. Luckily, my principal is amazing, and totally understood. 

I decided since I have the day, I might as well start looking on the bright side. Here's a few things that are making me happy today.

1.  I was able to make the phone calls and run the errands I needed to run. That even included a trip to Walmart that wasn't after everyone else and their mother got off from work. We were in and out in no time. I even managed to remember to print Em's pumpkin patch pictures.

2.   Lot's of snuggles with my girl. 




3. I was able to complete 2 parts of my 32x32 list. I've got my random act of kindness ready for the month, and several cards to send out---with pictures of Emmy Kate! The Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer is baaaccckkk!!! I live for this stuff every season. My Leaves candle from Bath & Body Works is going strong. 


4. Em has learned a new sound. It's both endearing and annoying. 


What"s making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment