Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Boo at the Zoo

This has been a weekend of making lemonade out of lemons. It has not gone as planned at all. I had taken Friday off to run errands that I can't get done on a normal work day, and to see some old friends. Saturday was my birthday, so it was also supposed to be a chance for me to spend some quality time with Emerson. 

It did not turn out that way. Justin's having some health-issues, so he took off Friday to try to go to the doctor. We woke up that morning to puddles of throw up everywhere in Emerson's room. She continued to throw up, so we made a mad dash to her pediatrician before they closed early for the day. The doctor said she just had a little stomach bug, and  most likely got it from me since a fourth of my class went home with it on Thursday. We filled her prescription and tried to make her as comfortable as possible.

Then, Justin started feeling worse so we headed to the ER. We were there from 1:00pm to 10:00pm, most of that with a sick baby. Luckily, my sister was able to come by and take Em about 7:30. Basically, he feels like his heart is skipping beats. It will stop for a second and start up again pounding. They were never able to catch it on the monitor, so now he has to meet with a cardiologist to be fitted with a holster monitor. It's scary, but at the same time I know God is in control. He never gives us more than we can handle, so we must be able to handle this. I know Justin would appreciate your prayers though. 

By Friday night we were just D.O.N.E. We had planned to go to Boo at the Zoo in Houston with friends the next day. We went back and forth about it, but we finally decided that we could either wallow in our in bad moods or go enjoy the day. And enjoy the day we did...


Our little rooster

Daddy and Emmy Kate

My BFF, Kelly, and her boyfriend, Nick survived made the trip with us.


Our photogenic friends, the Breauxs


Our little family of 3

We're taking advantage of all of the silly stuff until she's old enough to protest.

I love this guy.

Em was worn slap out by lunch time. She caught her second wind though.

Justin and I in the mandatory self-portrait

I love that he is so fun.

The bald eagle there was beautiful!


It was a pretty warm day. Typical for late October in Texas, but we had so much fun. I think this just might become a yearly tradition for us.

If you would, please pray for our entire family. I started getting a touch of Emerson's stomach bug, and now my sister's whole family has it pretty bad. We need health for everyone, and some answers on Justin's heart. Until then we'll keep on keepin' on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment