Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

32x32

As I mentioned in the last post, my birthday was Saturday. I turned the big 3-1. Being in my 30s hasn't bothered me at all. In fact, last year was probably one of the best years I've ever had. We had our first child, made a lot of great memories. I also felt like I came into my own a little bit more. I started to worry less and relax more. It's made me a much happier person.

The other day in my devotional, it talked about being an "intentional parent." Not just waiting around for opportunities and memories to randomly happen, but intentionally seeking them out and making them. That's where my 32 by 32 list came in. I've made a list of 32 things I would like to do or accomplish by the time I turn 32 next year.

Many of the things are small. I tried to make them do-able. Some are fun, memory-making activities. Some are simply things I've been putting off doing. Some are for myself and some are for others. There's nothing life-altering planned. I plan on creating a page for the blog to keep track of what I accomplish. (I've created the page, but it's not showing up. Any ideas???)

For now, here's a link to the list and what it looks like...

32x32

During my 32nd year of life, these are the things I want to accomplish:

*Strikethroughs indicate it's been completed.*

  1. Take Emerson to the beach
  2. Take Emerson to the zoo
  3. Take Emerson to the aquarium
  4. Run/Jog/Walk/Survive a 5k
  5. Buy a pair of boots
  6. Make homemade pasta
  7. Do 1 random act of kindness a month (0/12 completed)
  8. Take a sewing class
  9. Paint my bedroom and kitchen a new color
  10. Have a family picnic at the park
  11. Send cards to 6 different people for no reason (0/6 completed)
  12. Go geo-caching
  13. Plant a garden
  14. Go to the farmer's market
  15. Watch all of the Star Wars movies
  16. Go camping
  17. Go to a play or concert
  18. Take 1 picture every day for the year & document weekly on the blog
  19. Read Lord of the Rings
  20. Learn blog design
  21. Read 6 new books (0/6 completed)
  22. Go to Canton or Winnie Trade Days
  23. Complete 4 projects from my Pinterest boards (0/4 complete)
  24. Get our wedding video transferred to DVD
  25. Blog at least once a week
  26. Have family pictures taken
  27. Print wedding pictures/create books for parents
  28. Learn to French braid
  29. Bake bread
  30. Throw a party
  31. Take Emerson swimming/to the water park
  32. Start a new tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment