Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Miscellany

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. We have honestly been busy, but I'm not doing a very good job of taking pictures and blogging about the stuff we do. Unfortunately, with me starting back to work in 3 weeks, I really can't promise consistent updates. It doesn't help when a certain little girl decides to celebrate No Nap Day either. Here's some random tidbits to tide you over though.


  • I packed and moved my classroom stuff to my new school last week. I'm fairly certain I freaked the janitors at my new school out when I rolled up with my car packed to the brim with stuff, and promptly said I'd be back with the second round later that day. What can I say? I have a lot of stuff. I was able to scope out my new classroom and meet the principal and another 3rd grade teacher. She actually went to my high school and graduated with Justin, so there's a somewhat familiar face across the hall. I have to go to a workshop tomorrow with all of the other 3rd grade teachers, so I'm a little nervous. I have those first-day-of-school jitters where I hope I can make friends with these people. They've all been together so long, and I don't have a whole lot of experience being the new kid. 
  • I {finally} scheduled a hair cut and color for this week. It's been over 3 months since I've had it cut, and a solid 10 months since I have had it colored. My doctor is very precautions about preggo women using all-over dye on their hair, so I quit coloring mine last summer when I was first put on Clomid just in case I got knocked up. I am SOOOOOOO happy to get rid of these grays! They're everywhere! Plus I hear your hair really starts falling out 3 months after having a baby due to your hormones dropping, so I need a distraction from that. I'm  on the hunt for a cute hair cut. My hair is the longest it's been in about 8 years, and I like it. It needs some shape or style though. If you have any suggestions, let me know! {And please don't say, "look at Pinterest." Do you know how many hairstyles there are on Pinterest??? A kajillion.} 
  • Speaking of my doctor, I had my last baby-related appointment. It's a little weird that I left her office not having to schedule an appointment next week or next month. It was even weirder to run into the nurse who just did your exam getting lunch at the food court in the mall. Those just aren't people you should see out in the real world after they've seen what they've seen.
  • Our 3 year wedding anniversary is Wednesday. By far one of the best/most fun days of our lives, but it seems like it was much longer than 3 years ago. {in a good way} I'm not quite sure how we'll celebrate yet. Any ideas that don't break the bank?
  • Emerson Kate turns 2 months old tomorrow. Time can go ahead and slow down some. She.Is.Precious. I know everyone says their kid is the cutest/sweetest there is, but I really mean it. We are so blessed! Check back tomorrow night {ok, maybe Wednesday} for her 2 month update. 
  • Emmy Kate will also have her first road trip next week. We're heading to Ft. Worth for her cousin Laine's birthday. I'm so excited for Jonathan and Heather to see Em again. She's grown and changed so much. I'm already trying to make a list of what all I need to pack for her to be away for an entire weekend. I'm thinking it's a good thing we bought a much bigger car. 
Alright, my non-sleeper FINALLY went to sleep so I should actually try to do something productive like laundry instead of blogging. Happy Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment