Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What a difference...

about 7 months makes.

The top picture was taken at our first ultrasound confirming that we had a healthy, viable baby on the way at about 8 weeks. The bottom one was taken yesterday at 38.5 weeks along. Isn't it amazing to see how God takes something to tiny and let's be honest, non-human looking, and turns it into this perfectly formed, sweet little profile?!?!

Yesterday's ultrasound was to get an idea of how big Emerson currently is since I'm measuring ahead (turns out I have a lot of fluid) and we've found her heartbeat in strange places. As of now, she looks to be about 7 pounds and 7 ounces...perfectly "average." We think she will be long though, which isn't that surprising since Justin and I both are kinda tall. She was very chill, and is in the perfect position. My mom and I were shocked to see how much she looks like her daddy. She pooches her lips out just like he does, and appears to have his nose. Baby Girl also has his sense of humor. :) As we were watching her on the monitor, she curled her leg up over her sweet little belly and stuck her foot right in her mouth! The lady doing the ultrasound tried to catch a picture of it, but it didn't turn out very clear. It was by far, one of the best ultrasounds we have had.

I was a little anxious about my doctor's appointment. My sister went for her check up with the same doctor the day before and jokingly told her that everyone wanted me to have the baby this week. The doctor told her that I've been so easy-going about all of it, she didn't think I was in a hurry but we would "see what we could do." That made me excited/nervous/scared/thrilled you name it. I didn't really know what to think. Of course I want her here, but the reality of it all made me a little nervous. The past few months we thought my high blood pressure and her size might mean I have to be induced or have a c-section so I've been preparing myself for that. I honestly got my hopes up a little bit that this would be "it" and our baby would be here. However, after my blood pressure has been great the past few weeks and seeing that she's not going to be gigantic, we've decided to wait her out another week or so. Technically, my doctor can induce me at 39 weeks (tomorrow) without a medical reason, but she has a family obligation this weekend and really wants to be the one to deliver Emerson. She asked me to try to hold off until next week, or preferably next weekend since she's on call. I thought that was incredibly sweet that she cares enough to want to be the one there when I have her. It also turns out that this weekend would have been really difficult for Justin's brother to make it here, which nobody told me until yesterday! Hearing that he would have a hard time getting here makes me not want to move until Monday just to insure this baby isn't coming out. If you know Justin or Jonathan, you know they are unbelievably close. I can't imagine him not getting to be a part of this. So now instead of praying that Emerson will come, I'm praying she'll stay put until Monday! We'll see if she listens.

So that is where we are now...a little more waiting. I'll go back Wednesday for a check up, and possibly induce that weekend if she doesn't come on her on. I really thought I would be upset about having to wait another week, but I'm not. I think seeing her sweet little face reminded me that God is completely in control of all of this, and she will be born at the time HE appointed for her. Who am I to go messing with God?

In the meantime, I'm enjoying hogging her daddy all to myself. Good grief, I married a good man. The best. I can't even put into words how much he means to me or all that he does for us. I just know that I am incredibly, undeservedly blessed to even have him in my life. He will be one incredible father, no doubt. I can't wait to see him in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment