Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Update...

I went for my check up today, and found out we're having a baby


 TOMORROW!

Well, we're going to attempt to have her tomorrow. So far this child has done whatever she pleases, so I'm under no false pretenses that labor with her will be easy or fast. 

I went in for my appointment today and my blood pressure was high. Like, in the "panic" range for me high. It's been borderline high every night this past week, but my morning checks have been great so I didn't think much about it. I figured it just went up after I had been up and around all day. My doctor walked in, looked at my chart and just said, "Today or tomorrow?" meaning "When do you want to have this baby?" She went on to say that we're only 3 days out from my due date, so we have nothing to lose by going ahead and inducing. I'm dilated and effaced a "good amount" (whatever that means) so she doesn't see the need to push me too far and have my blood pressure continue to be high therefore, putting us at risk. She made me wait around for 10 or 15 minutes to recheck my numbers. If they went down, I was allowed to go home and go back tomorrow to start the induction. If they were still high, I was to immediately go to the hospital and check in. They went down...a little bit. She thought about it for awhile and finally said to come back tomorrow, but to take it easy tonight. 

So, at 6:30 AM tomorrow I'll be checking in to the hospital to have this baby girl. People keep asking if I'm nervous or scared. Honestly, not really. I mean, I'm struggling a little with the pain factor and whether or not I can really do this-birth a kid, but overall I feel pretty peaceful. I know whatever comes my way is completely in God's hands. 

This Bible study/devotional thing I've been doing, Soul Detox, has been a huge help to me. This first week focuses on replacing "toxic" thoughts with Truth. It's made me much more aware of that inner-monologue we all have. Instead of being fearful and thinking things like, "I can't do this." I'm trying to proactively replace with Truth like, "I can do ALL things through Christ." All things includes giving birth. :) It's one of those cliche verses, but Philippians 4:8 has become one of my favorites this week. 









If it isn't true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or worthy of praise, it needs to be replaced with something that is. The TRUTH is that I can do this, simply because God will allow me to. His hand has been in this from the very beginning, and there's no way He'll remove it now.

So, if you happen to read this and you're the praying type, we'd sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we bring Emerson into the world. Specifically, we'd like for you to pray that the delivery would be uncomplicated, as painless as possible (I believe in miracles!), and stress-free. Pray that the induction will work, and work in a timely manner. Pray for my doctor, the nurses, and other staff who we will come in contact with. Pray for our families, some of whom will be traveling to get here. Pray for peace and rest for Justin and I in the next 18 hours or so. And, of course, pray that Miss Emerson Kate will be born healthy and whole.

I'll try to update with pictures and info on Sweet Girl as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment