Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Update & Prayer Requests

Upon going back to school Tuesday I felt great. My kids were acting great. We were having fun. I was getting stuff done. Then, I went to do my routine blood pressure check and ended up looking at this...

Turns out I hit the "panic" numbers my doctor warned me about, so I immediately had to lay down in our conference room. I stayed there for awhile and checked it again, but my numbers were still high. I called in and I was told to go home and be on bed rest until my appointment Wednesday afternoon.

I did all of that, and it came down. In fact, it has been in the "perfect" range ever since. I don't understand it. I don't feel bad or stressed or anything! I went for my appointment, and Emerson and I both look great. She's head-down ready to go, but we've still got several weeks ahead of us. My doctor looked at my blood pressure readings for the past two weeks, and said that if I could avoid working I really should. She wasn't going to require me to stay on bed rest because it is not high when I'm up and doing stuff...just at work. So, I guess I officially started bed rest Tuesday morning. I'll go in later today to meet with my sub and make sure everything is taken care of, but that is it. It's so weird to think that I won't go back there until August. It's strange because I really thought I would have trouble letting go, but I haven't. I thought I would force myself to finish out this week (and so did Justin), but I feel like if I did it would go up again and then I'm endangering Emerson. It seems silly to do that for a couple of days.

However, those problems pale in comparison to what so many are dealing with right now. If you're the praying kind, please lift up these folks.
  • Sarah & Casey Williams-Sarah was one of my sweet roommates from college. They found out a couple of days ago that they lost their baby at 23 weeks. She went in for a regular check up and the heartbeat just wasn't there. Today she will have to go through delivering her sweet baby girl. I can't even begin to fathom that. They are both wonderful, God-loving people. Pray for comfort and peace for them.
  • Stormy-She was also a friend of mine from college. She lost her baby boy at 33 weeks about a year ago, and she is due to deliver another baby boy in the next couple of weeks. She's having a hard time with the bittersweet emotions of welcoming a new son while mourning another.
  • Sean, Sara, & Emma Lock-I know Sean from college too. He reminds me a whole lot of Justin. His precious little 3-year-old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia in February. Lately, they've had trouble keeping up her counts and she ended up with a broken bone. They are also expecting a baby girl before too long. Please just pray for strength, healing, and comfort for this family.
  • Jan-She is one of my co-workers who battled breast cancer about a year and a half ago. A few months ago she found out that it had returned and is now in her bones as well. She is the life of our school. She goes above and beyond to make sure people know they are loved and appreciated. Pray that she would accept that same love and that God would heal her.
All of these folks are such strong Christian people. Every single one of them has given God glory in their situations and has not so much as complained for a second. They each have turned it over to Him and trust Him to do whatever His will may be. I am so honored to know each one of them, and to learn from them. Please pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment