Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nursery

I've been promising nursery pics for awhile now. You'll have to forgive the horrible lighting. The room was actually clean and we're SO close to being completely done. We just have a few touch ups here and there. I thought I would go ahead and share.

When you first walk in her room, this is what you see...

(Sorry for the blurry pic. I don't know what happened.) The monogrammed blanket on the crib was made by Justin's mom. We've gotten all sorts of different patterns and colors of sheets to change up the look. We won't do formal bedding until she's old enough to really get use out of it. I'm still in love with the tree! The birds perched on the back are by far my favorites.

I made this mobile from some scrapbook paper, an embroidery hoop, fishing line, and ribbon. I blogged about it awhile back.

I think the child has enough bows and headbands to last her quite a while. :) A lady at my school makes them, and one of her gifts to me was a gift bag FULL of all sizes and patterns of bows. I started out with her bows piled in a drawer, but I realized I would never be able to see them all that way. I used a piece of 16x20 canvas covered with scrap fabric and some ribbon to make her holder. The headbands are hanging on cup hooks on the bottom of the canvas. I used things I had around the house so it ended up being free. I like those kids of projects!

Her swing and door hanger are currently by her closet. (Yes, we have a door knob, but that's one of those "touch ups" we have to get to.)

My favorite spot in her room. :) The glider is AMAZINGLY comfortable, and was a gift from our baby shower hostesses. I was sure to put her little basket of books next to it for our reading time. Hanging in the corner is a special paper chain that was made for Emerson by her sweet cousin, Laine. We thought Emerson would enjoy looking at it while we rocked in the chair. I have to also point out the amazingly cute Boppy cover my aunt helped me make. LOVE it!

The changing station/dresser. Sadly, I can't seem to get her E and K to show up very well in pictures. They're a very pretty purple color, but in pictures they seem to fade into the gray. I have had my eye on this dresser from the start. I saw lots of people on Project Nursery use it as a changing table, and it will be one she can easily grow into. The basket on top is full of the diaper changing necessities, and the cute owl clothes pin on the end will hold our first family picture.

An over-all shot (minus the dresser). I'm really proud of how Emerson's nursery came out. Justin did an UNBELIEVABLE job transforming this room. It started out with very dark paneling and we've ended up with a sweet, airy room ready for our little girl. Hopefully it will be several more weeks before she gets any use out of it, but it's nice to know we're pretty much ready if she does decide to come early.


No comments:

Post a Comment