Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Shower and an Update

Last Sunday, we had a sweet afternoon of friends and family showering Miss Emerson Kate with just about every goodie she could ever hope for. We are so blessed to have a wonderful set of family and friends who went out of their way and spent weeks making this a special afternoon for us. This post in no way can show every single precious part or person of the shower, but hopefully it will help us to remember how loved our little girl is. There were over 100 pictures to go through, and after uploading most of them to Facebook my patience for picture loading is low. :)

Jenni and Kelly made this precious ribbon wreath!
It will serve as our door hanger at the hospital, and it's currently on the wall in the nursery.
I love it!

The goodies.
The food table was adorable and the food was delicious!

The "sign in" table.
Each person took a card and wrote a note to Emerson.
These were priceless! Some were so funny, while others were too sweet.

Love this! It will be so special to Em as she grows up.
(And didn't Jenni do a great job making them! She amazes me!)

My family.

Me with Justin's side of the family.

My sweet grandma, Punkin. :)


The BFF and party-planning expert, Kelly.
I couldn't make it through life without this girl.

All of the hostesses with me.

Jenni and me.
I feel so blessed to have met Jenni. Not only is she a great friend to me,
her husband has become a great friend of Justin's. She is a creative genius!
She created all of our invitations, Notes for Emerson, and thank you notes
on top of doing tons of stuff for the shower. She is such a wonderful friend!

Opening gifts.
Imagine this happening again and again and again.

This is just about 3/4ths of the goodies Emerson got.
She is one spoiled little girl already!
I'll show things in more detail when I post her nursery.

We could not be more blessed by everyone. Bringing home all of that sweet baby stuff is something we have been waiting patiently for the past couple of years. It really does just make you realize how sweet it is to have a community of people who love you...even before you are born.

I have my school shower on Thursday, which I am looking forward to. My school-peeps always know how to throw a party!

As for an update...I said in my last post how my blood pressure has been high. Well, Friday it did not disappoint. I went to do my regular check about 9:00, and it was HIGH. I tried to relax, but it did not go down. I called the doctor and she told me to go home and relax, which I did. After that my bp went down to near perfect. It stayed that way all day yesterday and today. I went to the hospital today to have some lab work done, and I'll go back tomorrow for more. They want to make sure that my numbers are still good and that there is no protein in my urine (a sign of preeclampsia). I have to do a 24-hour "catch" to check that, which I am not enjoying. Oh, the things we do for our children. (Sorry for the TMI.) We're still set to go in for a check up and ultrasound on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what the plan will be. I just want to know one way or the other. Either I'm working or I'm not.

I also have to add how thankful I am for Justin. He gave me a reality check today that I really needed. Driving home from the hospital I mentioned that I "needed" to go to the school and get my stuff together for my sub tomorrow. He quickly pointed out that I am worrying more about other people's kids than my own, and that is why my blood pressure is up. He was right. (Yes, I put it in writing. YOU WERE RIGHT.:) )I could very easily send a couple of emails to the right people to get my stuff pulled together instead of going all the way into school where I would probably end up doing more than what is really necessary. I don't know why this seems to be such a hard lesson for me. Maybe God is trying to teach me about my priorities before Emerson gets here. Maybe that's why all of this trouble with my blood pressure is happening. I'm praying that He will continue to help me get my priorities straight so that I can put my family first and not worry so much about my job. It's not easy for my controlling-self, but it's a lesson I'm determined to learn.

Now that I've written the longest post ever! I'm going to go and spend time with that sweet man.

No comments:

Post a Comment