Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

First Trip to L & D

This...

is not really how I planned on starting my Monday.

Seems our little Drama Queen had other ideas though. Last night before getting into bed, I noticed I was spotting. However, it was so teeny-tiny and this not being my first rodeo with the bleeding department this pregnancy, I chalked it up to being nothing and went on to bed. This morning when I woke up, there was a little bit more---still way smaller than any I've had thus far, but seeing as it didn't quit overnight I figured I should call the doctor's office and check in. I tried to really downplay it with the on call doctor because I could feel Emerson moving like crazy, I wasn't hurting, and there really was not that much blood. I know the those are the trouble signs I should really be looking for. She told me I should go ahead and go to Labor and Delivery to get checked out though. So, Justin and I called our respective bosses and loaded up at 5:40 AM to make the one hour trek to the hospital.

When I got there, they hooked me up to a baby monitor and told me to hang out while they kept an eye on her for 20 minutes or so. It's times like those I'm extremely jealous of Justin who can fall asleep in 2 seconds. I was the one laying in a somewhat-comfy bed unable to even catch one "z" and he was in a hard chair passed out.

Emerson was obviously ok by the insane amount of kicking and rollings she did while hooked up to the monitor. Even the nurse commented on how loud she was on the monitor and that she sounded like a galloping horse. I was at the delirious point where everything was funny to me so I rather enjoyed listening to her and feeling her breakdance at the same time.

My doctor ended up being there to deliver another baby so she came by to check on me. She thinks that I must have lifted something too heavy (totally possible with the amount of laundry I did this weekend) and broke a blood vessel. Everything is perfectly fine. I rest today and go back to normal activity tomorrow.

Justin and I did manage to get our "Valentine's Day date" in.

What girl doesn't love heart-shaped chicken biscuits from Chic-fil-a for breakfast?

It's definitely not how I planned on starting my Monday, and I'm already dreading the chaos that will be my school day tomorrow with playing catch up, Valentine's Day, and a visit from the traveling dairy. (Yes, you read that right.) I'm learning though that nothing ever goes as plans with babies, and that is perfectly fine with me. I feel incredibly blessed to have this one no matter what she may put us through. I know of several people who are watching their babies fight cancer right now, and it makes you put everything into perspective.

Be thankful for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment