Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

24 Weeks

Time has definitely started to fly by! I nearly passed out when my doctor told me this week that I have one more monthly appointment and then I have to start going every other week. It seemed like I was counting the hours until 20 weeks, and here I am a full month past that. CRAZY!

Size of Baby: According to the bump she's the size of a small rutabaga, whatever that is. She's about 13.5 inches and 1.5 pounds As of my appointment Wednesday, I am still measuring a full week ahead.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 2 pounds. Not too bad for that being all I have gained in 6 months.

Maternity Clothes: I retreated back to regular pants with the ponytail holder trick. I still wear my maternity pants on days that I just don't feel comfortable, but they are so baggy I hate them. I tried buying a couple of pairs in a different brand, but they turned out to be too small. Oh well.

Gender: Girl! Emerson Kate

Movement: Yes, yes, yes! Little Bit is very active. Her favorite times seem to be around 9:00 or 9:30 in the morning and 5:00 or so in the evening. I can definitely feel her at other times, but that is when she is really flipping and rolling.

Sleep: For the most part it's ok. I wake up every 3 to 4 hours for no apparent reason, but I can usually go back to sleep.

What I miss: Being able to do some things on my own. Picking up stuff, cleaning certain stuff, etc. I know it is my control freak nature in full bloom, but I hate having to ask other people to do stuff for me.

Cravings: After looking at Pinterest this morning for dinner ideas, I'm now craving a caramel apple. I'm kind of over my pickle-a-day habit. The one thing I find myself really wanting is orange juice. I've also been eating almonds a lot, but I haven't really "craved" them.

Symptoms: Last week I had horrible round ligament pain. Other than that, my eye still twitching, and Emerson rolling like a bowling ball in my belly, I don't think I would know I was pregnant.

Best Moment This Month: Getting more and more prepared for her. We now have her travel system (stroller and car seat), the vinyl tree for her wall, quite a few outfits, our diaper bag, and some other little tidbits. I love getting to feel her movements stronger and stronger too.

Misc.

SO many people I know are pregnant right now. Most of them are on #2 or some #5! It is really cool to think that Emerson could grow up to cross paths with some of these kids. I keep watching girls at school (not in a creepy way) and trying to figure out which one Emerson might be like. Will she be outgoing? Shy? A leader or a follower? Will she be a good student or will she struggle? I can't wait to meet her and get to know her little personality.

I can't wait for maternity leave. I'm already counting down the weeks. I love my job, and I will definitely go back to it. I'm just also in love with my pajamas and sleep (when I get it) right now!

I'm about to start reading Baby Wise. I've had several friends that swear by it. It's unreal that now I'm reading baby books instead of pregnancy ones!

Well, I guess that's it until another 4 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. ALL of my babies favorite time to move is at 10 or 11PM. Night owls like their mommy I suppose. ;)

    I must be your #5 friend. Lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete